BREAKING NEWS: Truett-McConnell Approved for Master of Arts in Theology Beginning Fall 2014
Truett-McConnell College Recruiting
How to become a Truett-McConnell College Student-Athlete
TMC recruits the highest quality individuals to participate on our athletic teams. To be considered for athletic scholarship, prospective student-athletes must adhere to the following:
1) meet the required academic standards set by the NAIA and Truett-McConnell College;
2) demonstrate athletic ability at a high level to make a positive impact on an intercollegiate team;
3) give testimony to the fact that they have been born again and have followed their decision by submitting to believer’s baptism by immersion and membership within a Bible-believing Evangelical church;
4) demonstrate a godly lifestyle, and be actively involved in his/her church;
5) want to obtain a four-year degree from TMC.
In order to compete in intercollegiate athletics at TMC, you must be declared eligible to compete in accordance to the rules of the NAIA. All potential student-athletes must gain acceptance to attend Truett-McConnell College through its standard admissions process and meet additional academic requirements. Additionally, every student interested in playing sports at Truett-McConnell beginnng with the 2011-12 needs to register with the NAIA Eligibility Center to have a determination if they are eligible to play.
1. Incoming freshmen must meet two of the following three academic requirements:
2. Do you want to transfer to TMC? Transfer students, at minimum, must:
Additional requirements are necessary to determine a transfer student's academic eligibility. Please contact the Director of Athletics or Faculty Athletic Representative at (706) 865-2134 with questions regarding eligibility requirements.
About TMC Athletics
Truett-McConnell College sponsors 10 intercollegiate sports: Women’s basketball, cross-country soccer, softball, and golf; and Men’s baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, and soccer. The athletic department of TMC provides opportunities to compete in intercollegiate athletics to over 150 athletes. The TMC Bears are members of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), the newly restructured Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).