Connect with Truett-McConnell College to stay up to date with all the latest news and information. Follow us on the following social media channels for immediate news and subscribe to our mailing list for monthly emagazines and other special mailings.
The primary font used in the Truett-McConnell mark is Galliard. Minion Pro is the font used in our slogans.
The primary font used in the Truett-McConnell Bears mark is
For PrintTruett Blue: Pantone 539C or in 4-color process, 100 magenta 70 yellow 10 blackTruett Light Blue: Pantone 536CTruett Gold: Pantone 123C
For WebTruett Blue: #CC0000Truett Light Blue: #000000Truett Gold: #999999
Inclusive of men and women, TMC sports programs include basketball, soccer, cross-country, and golf. Other sports include baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling.
TRUETT-McCONNELL COLLEGE100 Alumni Dr.Cleveland, GA 30528706.865.2134
Click here for directions.
Truett-McConnell College equips students to fulfill the Great Commission by fostering a Christian worldview through a biblically centered education.
TMC stands on more than 200 acres of prime mountain land one mile east of the town square in Cleveland, Ga. In the summer of 2011, the college underwent its largest facilities expansion by completing three building projects: the Miller Hall expansion, an addition to the dining hall, and a new residence hall. Miller Hall expanded into a three-story building that houses the Creation Research Center, World Mission Center, six classrooms, a 106-seat auditorium, a student lounge, a snack bar, and two science laboratories. The dining hall's capacity doubled from 220 to 450. The new three-story dormitory has capacity for 161 students.
Truett-McConnell College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Truett-McConnell College.
The college was named to honor George W. Truett and Fernando C. McConnell, cousins who operated a private Christian academy in Hiawassee, Ga., in the 1880s. They were renowned Baptist pastors and educators whose work and influence as joint pioneers in Christian education became well known.
On July 23, 1946, ceremonies at Cleveland, Ga. heralded the establishment of a new college named for Truett and McConnell to carry on their high standard of Christian education. Operating in temporary quarters, Truett-McConnell College first opened its doors to students in September 1947 as a two year college. The college moved into new facilities in its present location in September 1956.
Since that time, faculty housing classrooms, offices, residence halls, student activities areas, and recreational complexes have been added to the campus. In December 2002, the institution was approved by its accrediting agency to offer four-year degrees. The first two bachelor's degree programs were initiated in the fall of 2003.
Truett-McConnell is built on the belief that academic disciplines in higher education can be taught within the context of the Christian faith in order to provide young people with a high quality education which emphasizes what matters most—principles, ideals, ethics, morals, and values.
Truett-McConnell College is organized under the auspices of the Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia. The College is controlled by a Board of Trustees chosen by the Convention.