He issued a challenge to Truett-McConnell students to strive for excellence, keeping in mind that success means measuring oneself against someone else, while excellence means measuring oneself against his/her own potential. He talked about the three truths which guide him in his own personal striving for excellence:
- Each of us was made with precision by God.
- Each of us was bought with a price—the life of Jesus Christ, God’s own Son.
- Each of us was destined for a purpose in our lives.
He commented on the core values that shape his own decision-making.
- Devotion to God.
- Dedication to his family.
- Dedication to helping others reach their God-given potential.
To Listen click on one of the links below: