Summary: The Application Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact for users operating within a custom developed merchant record database. Day-to-day activities will include account management, training, and documentation and product demonstrations. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Applications Support Specialist performs the following duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Experience in supporting business applications in higher education
• Working knowledge of relational databases, in particular MSSQL
• Good hands-on working knowledge of SQL language
• Good working knowledge of the Windows (Windows7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008)
• Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Strong analytical and investigation skills
• Ability to resolve issues in a high-pressure & time critical environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive, positive & enthusiastic team player
• Ability to multitask
• Assists in the installation of new computer equipment and performing repair & maintenance tasks on all related systems.
• Assists users in the utilization of database related software
• Assists other IT personnel in the implementation of training programs
• Assists in the design and development of the college telecommunications network
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administration
• Assist with Mac OSX issues and applications
Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical for this position. The candidate must be able to offer assistance one-on-one either in person or via phone/email.
Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelors Degree (major or minor in Computer Science), with experience in the higher education environment.
Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013; Microsoft SQL server; Microsoft active directory; Ellucian PowerCAMPUS and PowerFAIDS; Microsoft Dynamics.
Analytical and problem-solving abilities and the ability to communicate easily with system users regarding their needs.
Experience and proficiency with the following are required:
Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Submit an Application to:
Director of Information Technology
100 Alumni Drive
Cleveland, GA 30528
706-865-2134 x 184