For all job opportunity listings, click on the position to open the job description information.
JOB DESCRIPTION: INTRAMURAL OFFICIAL/REFEREE
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The position of Intramural Official/Referee is responsible for officiating the intramural sports program events, which supports the mission of the Truett-McConnell College Office of Student Development.
2. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in set up and clean up of equipment and facility for assigned sport(s).
• Be knowledgeable of all the Intramural Sports officiating rules and playing guidelines for their assigned sport(s).
• Attend regularly scheduled Intramural Sports staff meetings and training. Assist with the development and implementation of all rules, regulations, and policies governing the Intramural Sports program, and mediate.
• Perform other Intramural Sports program tasks as assigned by the Intramural Coordinators.
• If the sport is co-ed confirm proper number of males and females on the court/field at all times.
• Make fair and consistent calls. Be respectful and professional to participants and fellow staff.
• Pay attention to game at all times. Wear proper attire to all games – Intramural Sports shirt, no jeans, sweats, or cutoffs.
• Inform scorekeepers of points scored and fouls incurred throughout the game.
• Always come properly equipped – whistle, shoes, flags, etc. Control on field/court situations early.
Required: Currently enrolled, with a minimum 2.0 GPA, and in good standing with the college.
Preferred: CPR & First Aid certification and officiating experience.
Wages: $8 per hour/game
Contact: Andrew Gailey (
Application for Student Employment.