Truett-McConnell College Recruiting
How to become a Truett-McConnell College Student-Athlete
TMC recruits the highest quality individuals to participate on our athletic teams. To be considered for athletic scholarship, prospective student-athletes must adhere to the following:
1) meet the required academic standards set by the NAIA and Truett-McConnell College;
2) demonstrate athletic ability at a high level to make a positive impact on an intercollegiate team;
3) give testimony to the fact that they have been born again and have followed their decision by submitting to believer’s baptism by immersion and membership within a Bible-believing Evangelical church;
4) demonstrate a godly lifestyle, and be actively involved in his/her church;
5) want to obtain a four-year degree from TMC.
In order to compete in intercollegiate athletics at TMC, you must be declared eligible to compete in accordance to the rules of the NAIA. All potential student-athletes must gain acceptance to attend Truett-McConnell College through its standard admissions process and meet additional academic requirements. Additionally, every student interested in playing sports at Truett-McConnell beginnng with the 2011-12 needs to register with the NAIA Eligibility Center to have a determination if they are eligible to play.
1. Incoming freshmen must meet two of the following three academic requirements:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 2.00 or better calculated on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum score of 18 on the ACT or 860 on the SAT (Math and Verbal sections only)
- Graduate in the top 50 percent of your high school graduating class.
2. Do you want to transfer to TMC? Transfer students, at minimum, must:
- Have an cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher in all college courses taken
- Passed a total of 24 credit hours in the previous two semesters of attendance.
Additional requirements are necessary to determine a transfer student's academic eligibility. Please contact the Director of Athletics or Faculty Athletic Representative at (706) 865-2134 with questions regarding eligibility requirements.
About TMC Athletics
Truett-McConnell College sponsors 10 intercollegiate sports: Women’s basketball, cross-country soccer, softball, and golf; and Men’s baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, and soccer. The athletic department of TMC provides opportunities to compete in intercollegiate athletics to over 150 athletes. The TMC Bears are members of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), the newly restructured Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
New TMC basketball coach Wade Mawdesley has announced his summer camp schedule open to ages 6-16, on the campus of Truett-McConnell College. Each camp will cover the fundamentals of basketball and shooting while giving the campers an exciting atmosphere and several great camp features as well. The date for the camps are as follows:
Camp 1 = Monday, June 8th-Thursday June 11th
Camp 2 = Monday, June 15th-Thursday June 18th
Camp3 = Monday, June 22nd-Thursday June25th
***All camps will run from 9:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M.***
For more information about the summer camps along with a printable brochure please (CLICK HERE)